What is Business Casual Attire About?
History of the Business Casual Dress Code
Avoid These 5 Business Casual Attire Mistakes
- Avoid wearing fancy suit jacket;
- Don’t wear a polo shirt or a t-shirt;
- Don’t wear baggy sweaters;
- Avoid wearing casual or street style jeans or trousers;
- Avoid wearing informal sneakers, sandals or any other kind of casual footwear.
8 Business Casual Attire Tips
- Do wear a tailored blazer of quality material;
- Do wear a long-sleeved button-down shirt;
- Do wear a fitting sweater or cardigan with a shirt underneath it;
- Do wear dress slacks, chinos, khakis, or perfect-fitting denim of high quality;
- Do wear neutral, monochromatic colours;
- Do wear dress shoes;
- Try mixing textures or patterns.
4 Essential Business-Casual Pieces
1. Business Casual Pants
It’s crucial to point out that pants should give as much sharpness and sophistication as the rest of the outfit. That means look for clean, tight-fitting trousers. Make sure that the length and the whole fit is just fine. Read our article here about dress pants that would compliment your business casual wardrobe really well.